"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."
-Marilyn Monroe

Friday, January 31, 2014

Media, Back The Fuck Up Before You Get Smacked The Fuck Up.

Ah, what's this? Two blog posts within a month? Impossible! I refuse to believe it.
Yes ladies and gentlemen, I have returned.
You're welcome.

Fun thing I've decided to do this year, I'm going to write down every good thing that happens this year, put it in a jar, and at the end of this year, I'm going to empty the jar and read all of the wonderful memories I reaped from this experience. And, if this year is as wild as I predict, I'm probably going to have a lot to read.
I've met so many new people this month alone, It's hard to believe... That's part of the reason I have such high expectations for 2014. That, and I'm finding myself getting back in touch with a few of my old, wild-as-holy-fuck friends. Some of the things we used to do... *chuckle*
Now that we're older, I'm honestly a little afraid of what we might endeavor to do.. They're just as crazy as I remember.
Older, yes, wiser? Definitely not.

Life is just as convoluted and mysterious as ever. I have no more of a clue as to how it works as I did last year at this time. But one thing is different, now I don't feel like I'm so alone in my struggle. I see teens groping in the dark at the shady concept of  'the future' and what the hell that's supposed to mean. I see those teens, my friends and comrades in the war against a one-size-fits-all education system, trying to maintain their individuality in a world that tells us we aren't old enough to understand what that means yet. A society that tells us we can only find love and acceptance if we fit a cookie-cutter model pre-made for everyone of our born race and sex.
Bullshit.
Individuality is something that cannot be priced, it has no monetary value, but it's more precious than all the treasures the greedy Wall Street fat-cats hold dear. It bothers me to think how our perception of beauty would be different if we were cut off from the influences of the media; how much else of our potential to be raw, unmanipulated individuals has been robbed from us by a corporation?  
Simply appalling.

Here's a thing regarding the way we've been taught to perceive our bodies, one of the best arguments I've ever heard.
How can you argue this?
Spoiler, the answer is: you don't.


                     God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment