"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."
-Marilyn Monroe

Monday, January 20, 2014

What Do You Mean January's Almost Over

So many things have happened in January already... I can tell this year is going to be wild from start to finish, I'm calling it now. Sherlock series 3 came out, Christopher Capaldi is the Doctor, Arthur is 'dead', more Harry Potter is on its way, and Dean Winchester is still in the closet.
You're holding up progress, Dean.




Someone asked me what my favorite artist/band was a few days ago... I don't know why I didn't think of Paramore. Like seriously Paramore though,
Okay, moving on.

So I was enjoying lying under my piano yesterday, as I often do, and I was thinking about what life is really supposed to be.. We're told that there's only one acceptable lifestyle in America. Wife, kids, house, dog, white picket fence, right? This bothers me to no end... Why is there a one-size-fits-all blueprint to the 'perfect' existence? Early on we're taught that there's only one way to do things, and it's simply not true. So often I get asked what my plans are for the future, more often than not it's if I want children. Mostly, until very recently, I've answered with my usual 'No'. To which without fail their reply is "Oh yes you do don't be silly! Girls like you always want kids." What the actual crap do you mean by girls like me? And also why isn't my answer good enough for you? If you didn't want my answer ask someone else. Why can't you respect my choice? It's as if they're talking to themselves and my replies are only vaguely registering in their subconscious. In the past month I've been asked that very question by 70,000 different women. Quantifying the level of annoy is impossible.
Take deep breaths.

Anyway, as I was saying before I rabbit trailed...
Where was I... Ah, yes, the one-size-fits-all-this-is-the-only-acceptable-lifestyle-conform-to-our-agenda-maggot ideology and how stupid it is. If everyone had conformed to their preconceived 'rolls' in society there would be no 'perfect lifestyle' as we have it today. We have the things we have today because of the sweat, blood, and tears that hard working men and women shed to bring about our easy lives as we have them in western society. Point being, I'm calling bullshit on societies backwards ideals on who should do what when. There would be no airplane if we just rolled over to that. There would be no America, there would be no electricity, no freedoms as we know them, if it wasn't for the courage of those people who raised a fist to the dominant figures in society and said "Fuck that, we're doing it anyway."
Not that I don't want to settle down, have a kid maybe. MAYBE, don't get excited. I'm as lethargic as ever. No Earth-shattering changes in character just yet. Hold your orgasms.
That lifestyle does appeal to me, but it's simply when people assume that there's nothing else I want to do before I forfeit a large portion of my freedom because I'm a woman and 'that's what all women want right? Durhur' incorrect my dear Watson, believe it or not we actually have separate identities, we can actually aspire to different things.
WOOOOAAAHHH! MIND BLOWN .
Alright I've had my giggles..

Well, I didn't really mean to badmouth anyone in this post, but wow... that turned out to be kinda bad.. I have a bit of aggression towards these things.. It is my blog I suppose I can do what I like with it...
Anywhosies.

I will probably speak to you again in about a month in a half if we follow our pattern we've set up.
If not you should probably get baptized because the Messiah is upon us.

                                             God Bless.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment