"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."
-Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Oops.

So I guess I dropped the ball... My last post was in January, it is now June.. 5 months... wow... I deserve applause for this fuck up.

So this time instead of talking about shitty things people do, I'm going to talk about things I like. 
I just finished my first performance as a dancer. I had two contemporary dances, one jazz, a ballet, and a tap dance, for which all the costumes were completely gorgeous! I owe a special thanks to my teachers, who had patients with me, and taught me how to control my body and movements. Who taught me to believe I could be graceful, and elegant. They said to me, "When you get up on that stage, you have to make me believe you own it. Make me believe you're a goddess up there!" And I tried my best to believe..
I feel like I did well.
Some dances were sassy, like the Ballroom Blitz tap dance and If My Friends Could See Me Now Jazz, others were passionate, like both contemporary dances, Turning Page, and the Piano Guys' rendition of Without You. Our ballet dance was iconic, Angel Of Music, pleasant and delicate. A great variety of beautiful dances I'll never forget.
Sometimes I wonder what exactly I want from dancing, and I think of when I was little.. I took about a year of dance when I was young, and when the classes ended, I had to stop, because my dad had been diagnosed with cancer. When I left the studio for the last time, I felt like I left a piece of myself behind. I dance now and I feel complete, I feel really at peace. I love forming bonds with the girls I dance with, learning to trust them with lifting my body and partner dancing, every moment I spend with these girls is a moment I'll never forget.

As always,
   God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment