"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."
-Marilyn Monroe

Friday, June 20, 2014

Something New?

So here I've decided to begin giving some backstory on my art that I've uploaded to Instagram..
Particularly this drawing right here.
Originally I wanted to do some music/artist inspired art, so I chose one of my most favorites, Lorde. Namely her song "Biting Down." I usually don't draw things too macabre, but one can only paint so many butterflies. I drew this when I was feeling particularly unwell, so that's why it's kind of half-ass I guess... However one detail I would like to bring attention to is the rose petals down at the bottom of the illustration. I could've put more effort into the petals, but I was sick, and in a very fuck-it mood. It was more of a personal detail anyway... The fallen petals represent the eventual fade of beauty, the simplicity of realizing that under our skin, we're all just skeletons. Also, to bring to mind the bouquets we lie on the caskets of our dead; perhaps more for the loved ones than the deceased. How we, like petals, eventually fall from our home upon our blooming flower of a world, one by one, eventually to rest, forever still, below our blossom.

Not much was to challenging about this piece, just the alignment of the facial features, as per usual, getting all of the creases of where the bone slopes and curves. Skulls are unusually sculpted, rather strange, almost alien-looking. All in all I had a lot of fun with this drawing.

If you'd like to know what tools I used, feel free to ask, as well as any other questions you may have. I'd also love to know if you like hearing more back story on my art, leave your thoughts below!
On my Instagram I take requests and host art contests, as well as post my original work, if you'd like to see more, follow me at http://instagram.com/color_coma
I'm also thinking about doing how-to-draw tutorials on YouTube, would you enjoy that? Leave your feedback in the comments and I'll try my best!

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment